1936 - The Bell Memorial, original hospital of the School of Medicine of the University of Kansas was renamed "The University of Kansas Hospital." "Bell Memorial" was designated as the name of the Medical Center Administration Building.
1947 - The name "UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS MEDICAL CENTER" was officially adopted.
1952 - The second year of the four-year program was moved to the Medical Center.
1962 - The 4-year Medical Course was consolidated on one campus -- climaxing an endeavor of 57 years.
The School of Medicine and Hospital have grown not only in additional land and buildings but also in services and educational programs.
The School and Hospital are now known as: "University of Kansas Medical Center College of Health Sciences and Hospital."